Students sell Ex Ed points

SATIRE – AHS junior, Alex Honeycrisp, and four of his friends were recently caught selling ExEd points. The case will be taken to the U.S. Supreme Court in late March. The five suspects were caught cornering students in the bathrooms during access and free periods to convince them to buy their points.

Starting in the 2020-2021 school year, AHS is implementing a new lottery system created by junior, Alex Honeycrisp. The system makes the process less confusing and more efficient. Each student automatically receives 25 points at the beginning of each year. Students bid their points on 6 to 12 courses in the spring for the next year.

“I don’t care what course I’m on\; I always just skip the meetings anyway. I’d rather be able to get food from the cafe,” one of Honeycrisp’s friends said.

Many students have their sights set on a certain trip.

“I was desperate\; I will be a senior next year, and I really want Soul Surfers,” a current junior said.

The students seemed influenced by real world problems and basic needs such as food and sleep.
Another student who later confessed to buying points justified their actions, “I really want to get on the yoga course, so I can stay at home. I mean, I don’t want to get coronavirus.”

The students selling points have been assigned lunch detention for two months by AHS’s assistant principal, The Burgermeister. This consequence will also affect students who were caught buying the points.

The case will be taken to the U.S. Supreme Court in late March to decide whether the students deserve more detention.

“It was a very creative way to handle the auction, but I don’t want to encourage the cheating,” The Burgermeister said.

Overall, buying and selling ExEd points is not a great way to get onto one’s favorite ExEd. “ I regret selling my points, I hope that I can still get on a good one.” Honeycrisp later said.

“ We hope that students will learn to take the lottery system seriously after this incident. We don’t want to discourage the creativity of selling points,” AHS Principal, Sharon Mulfruit commented.

The consequences of buying and selling ExEd points often outweigh the benefits, as Honeycrisp and his cohorts have discovered.