AHS Students Shocked by Speedy School Wi-Fi

Students+rejoice+the+school+wifi+in+the+library.+

Photo by Olivia Oksenhorn

Students rejoice the school wifi in the library.

Friday March 7th seemed like any other day, but AHS students were in for a gargantuan surprise when they arrived to school and took out their computers; the school Wi-Fi was fixed. Gasps and shouts were heard throughout the hallways. The school was alive with mixed emotions of excitement and shock. Students were throwing their baseball caps into the air like it was graduation, and the teachers had a hard time containing their students.

“When my first period said to get on our computers and click on a link on our school fusion page, I typed the site name into the search bar and as usual, got out my phone to play Flappy Bird while I waited. When I glanced up, I was amazed to see that the page had loaded already. It was completely unreal,” said freshman Mikey Patt, with a look of awe and astonishment on his face.Reportedly, seven students fainted when they saw how fast the Wi-Fi was working, and of those seven, only two were admitted to the hospital for severe cases of shock.

Teachers rejoiced as well; some let out their classes early and others took a different approach and had extremely work-intensive days. There was even a party in the teachers lounge.

“We didn’t think the outcome of the school Wi-Fi being fixed would cause such a strong reaction from the students and teachers alike. I knew people would be happy, but so far I’ve had to shut down three parties, all of which were celebrating the school Wi-Fi. People were genuinely amazed,” principal Kim Martin said.

“It may have taken a long time to get the Wi-Fi repaired,” sophomore Landon Shaw said, “but three months was most definitely worth the wait.”