The student news site of Aspen High School

10 Group Halloween Costumes

Trey Morrissey

Halloween is just around the corner and it’s time to choose a costume. If you and your friends need some inspiration, here are 10 Halloween costumes for groups. A lot of these ideas are based on films and games, but others have nothing to do with that. Read this article to get costume inspiration for this year’s Halloween!

Barbie and Ken
Grab your pink clothes, because after the huge success of the Barbie movie starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling, Barbie might just become a popular costume idea this year. The various styles of Barbie and Ken, like their black and pink cowboy outfits, can be a creative way to dress up as a couple this year. There are plenty of warm outfits for Aspen’s cold Halloween.

Men in Black
If like your school work, you procrastinated a Halloween costume, Men in Black is a good last-minute costume. Raid your dad’s closet and throw on his finest black suit, tie, and sunglasses to recreate this iconic look.

Mario and Luigi
Mario and Luigi are a nostalgic duo. If you’re going to be Mario, you’ll need a red crewneck, denim overalls, The signature Mario hat, and white gloves – if you’re extra chilly. The Luigi costume is very similar. You’ll need a green top, rather than red, as well as the Luigi hat.

Frat Boys
If you need a funny costume idea, Gia and I are recruiting Members to join our Halloween frat. All you’ll need is khaki jorts, a polo shirt with a loose tie, sunglasses, a backwards hat, high white socks, and Birkenstocks or any type of slides. Add a red solo cup to really pull the look together.

The Scooby Gang
This group costume is very flexible. You can go as a pair of the characters, or the whole group. You’ll need someone to dress up as Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, Fred, and Scoobert (scooby) Doo.

Winnie the Pooh
Whether you are planning on dressing up as a duo, or a group, Winnie the Pooh is a flexible idea, just like the Scooby Gang. There are plenty of characters to pair up and choose from. You could simply buy onesies on Amazon to create this costume. It’s a warm and comfortable option.

Subway Surfers
I’m sure everybody has played Subway Surfers at least once. For Ticky, you’ll need low-rise baggy jeans, with red boxers underneath, a black belt, a white tank top, a red beanie, black glasses, and white shoes with a green accent. To recreate Jake, you’ll need a baseball white cap with a red brim, a red t-shirt under a gray hoodie with a denim vest, paired with jeans, and white shoes. Carry a spray paint bottle to really complete the look.

Construction workers
This costume idea works for a group of any size. It is easy to execute, given the little attire you need. Your group will need to get hard hats and construction vests. Add a gallon water jug to really look like you belong.

Teletubbies
This costume is a simple one for a group of four. There are multiple ways you can dress up as the Teletubbies, but the most comfortable one is simply getting a onesie. But if you feel like putting in more effort than that, you can get big t-shirts or hoodies that correlate with the Teletubbies’ colors and add a silver rectangle to the bottom of it. Don’t forget the headband with the shape on top!

Willy Wonka and his Oompa Loompas
Beyond the khaki pants your dad might already own, you’ll need a red blazer, bow tie, and a brown hat. The golden ticket is not required, but it is encouraged! An Oompa Loompa costume can be done in a lot of different ways. If you want to go all out, you’ll need to get orange body paint, a green wig, brown and white striped socks, a brown long-sleeve, white pants, suspenders, and finally, white gloves.

With these costume ideas, hopefully, this year we can retire those cat ear headbands and witch hats. Now that you’ve read this article, there’s no excuse for boring costumes. Whether you take inspiration from this article, or you already have a costume planned, make smart choices this year.