Rating Celebrity Couples

Araya Thompson
Gia looks at recent Paparazzi photos of Louis Partridge and Olivia Rodrigo.

Love is in the air this February and the paparazzi know it. With numerous sightings of unlikely pairs out and about the celebrity world is boomin’ with famous couples. While some of these couples are new and exciting, others are outdated, and fans crave something new. Whether you love or hate them, one thing not worthy of debate is their influence on the industry.

Rhianna and A$AP Rocky: 15/10
With two children (RZA and Riot Rose) and rumors of a 3rd child being on the way, this couple is dominating the industry. The two have been involved since December 2020 and are a fan favorite, including a recent A$AP Rocky collaboration with Rihanna’s brand, Fenty Skin. The campaign was released in early January in which the artist raps “New collab with my baby mom” While promoting the new barbados-cherry-flavored lip balm in collaboration with the brand. Fans loved this partnership and flooded the brand’s Instagram comments with their support of it. With endless partnerships, pregnancy rumors, and trending TikTok audios (you know, the one I’m talking about), this couple does not get a minute out of the spotlight, and for good reason.

Timothee Chalamet and Kylie Jenner: 2/10
I won’t lie, I’m not a fan, which seems to be the consensus on the internet at the moment. The couple, reportedly linked in April of last year, are still going strong. You might’ve seen them at the 81st annual Golden Globes ceremony, where the two seemed… close, to put it lightly. While they’re individually loved by fans worldwide, their relationship doesn’t seem to be widely appreciated by the public, especially die-hard fans of Timothee (you can probably guess why). Individually, they have been killing it in pop culture for the last few years: Kylie with her brand Kylie Cosmetics, and Timothee with his never-ending leading Hollywood roles (Wonka, Dune, Bones and All, etc..) But is their success enough to get tabloids + fans on their side? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce: 9/10
What can I say? I’m a Swiftie! And while you (and haters around the country) might be tired of seeing Taylor Swift on screen at Chiefs games, I, for one, am not. Our favorite hopeless romantic is thriving, not only in her career but in her personal life, which is all we could ever hope for. This relationship has sparked a lot of attention recently, which, in turn, has sparked lots of business inquiries, including dozens of additional commercials for Kelce despite his already insane number of 375 commercial appearances. These two are thriving despite the controversy surrounding them, and I could not be happier.

Alix Traeger and Zoya Biglary: 20/10
Calling all Buzzfeed fans! Alix Traeger (@MajorTraeger on Instagram) is a BuzzFeed tasty veteran who carried every cooking-obsessed kid’s childhood. While she no longer works for Buzzfeed Tasty, she’s continued to pursue her cooking career and has become a successful chef and lifestyle influencer. Her girlfriend, Zoya Biglary (@zoyaroya on Instagram) is the founder of Fysh Foods, a vegan, gluten-free, and plant-based alternative to fish. The two have been together for 2 and a half years and are going strong. This food-loving couple makes content together and is an ever-shining addition to the cooking world and the internet.

Jay Z and Beyonce: 5/10
This whole relationship has to be a business deal. This man has treated Queen B badly too many times, and I don’t even think Solange rocking his world is enough revenge for me. So yeah, sure, they’re an iconic couple, sure, they’ve collaborated on bangers like Deja Vu, Crazy in Love, and Drunk in Love, and YES, we were blessed with 4:44 as an apology for Jay Z’s many fumbles. But their insane talent, influence, and adorable kid do not change the fact that they have one of the rockiest relationships in the music world today. I will never say that Jay Z isn’t talented, but I will forever wonder how she wrote “Partition” about that man. I’m just as confused as the rest of Beyonce’s fans. They get points solely for being 80% of my playlist.

Harry Styles and Taylor Russell: 11/10
“Harry Styles this, Harry Styles that blah blah blah.” I get it, guys, but one thing about Harry Styles is that he’ll never go out of style (get it?) Taylor Russell, a newly discovered talent, along with stars like Rachel Ziegler (West Side Story – 2021, The Hunger Games – 2023) and Thomasin Mackenzie (Jojo Rabbit – 2019, Last Night in Soho – 2021). She’s best known for her leading role in Bones and All in 2022. While the two were spotted together in June of last year, details about their relationship status have been pretty murky ever since regardless fans are eager to see where the two end up (despite Harry’s recent hair situation). While the last project we got from Mr. Styles was at Harry’s House in May of 2022, he blessed the world with a tour following the release of the album (Love On Tour) for nearly three years with short breaks between shows.

Zendaya and Tom Holland: 50/10
Cutest. Couple. Ever. This couple fell victim to the Spiderman co-actor curse, and we couldn’t be happier. Holland and Zendaya have been rumored to be romantically linked since Spider-man Homecoming was in theaters back in 2017, confirming their relationship in 2021. In September of the same year, Holland posted a mirror picture from off-set of the two for the actress’s birthday, with the caption, “My MJ, have the happiest of birthdays. Gimme a call when you’re up xxx.” Which made fans of the Spiderman Movies go wild. Holland has had leading roles in countless Avengers movies and in other less mainstream films such as The Devil All the Time. Zendaya has been on top of the game recently with more mature roles like Rue in Euphoria and Chani in Dune and since childhood with notable Disney-Channel shows like Shake It Up and K.C. Undercover that are forever beloved by younger fans.

Honorable mentions:
Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds: 10/10
Andrew from The Proposal and Serena from Gossip Girl married? This is truly a perfect world.

Olivia Rodrigo and Louis Partridge: ?/10
This makes so much sense but no sense at all; we have yet to see much but some blurry photos, but many are intrigued nonetheless. Dating? Exclusive? Friends with benefits? Hopefully, we’ll know soon.