Digital Signs Hanging Around AHS for a While

Another digital sign hangs nicely by the greek-like artwork near the main doorways.

AHS students are always looking for new, innovative ways to get in the loop. Around all of the corners in AHS lay interesting parcels of information, intimate notes hiding behind locker doors, and daring topics waiting in the local Yik Yak feed…. although that’s for another article.

David Sellmeyer, his student assistants, and the AHS support team mounted large flat screen digital displays above the red staircase and by the main doorway, near the greek marble-like artwork. These large screens, also known as “digital signs,” were the class of 2012’s school gift. Naturally, these signs gain lots of attention. Therefore, they are an amazing place to put all the instant school-related updates a Skier needs for their day and week alike. From schedule updates to Chef Jeff’s lunch programming, these screens hold gargantuan potential, both literally and figuratively, to help students get along with their days in a neat, well-working manner.

“The information really gives a good inquiry into the school’s interworks,” AHS sophomore Charlie Van Allen said.

He is absolutely right about that. Really, all the students have in regards to localized school info are the announcements, and as good as the announcements are, the displays pose a reliable and precise visual information pool that more students are able to gain knowledge and inspiration from.

News headlines, athletics highlights, club meeting schedules and activities, school-related performances, schedule-updates and general information  are among the ideas to show the school through the display. The screens are programmed to allow media like webpages, videos, text documents, static images, scrolling ticker-formatted announcements, and more.

“I see it as being a way for students to become aware, and also for students to put the awareness out,” David Sellmeyer said. The bottom line is that the digital signs pose a unique chance for students to interact with the school and inform the school in an increasingly modern manner. All that anyone has to do is talk to the printshop managers about their ideas for the displays.

Students look forward to the new television hanging by the red staircase.
Students look forward to the digital sign hanging by the red staircase.

Please be sure to have a look at the new digital displays while walking to class, and like, comment, and message the Skier Scribbler website and Facebook page about your ideas for the digital display feed.