Chuck Bass engagement

Courtesy of google images
Ed Westick on one knee proposing to Amy Jackson in Gstaad

Gossip Girl fans have long understood that Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick) and Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) were destined for each other on and off the screen.

However, as of January 28, 2024, Westwick’s engagement to actress Amy Jackson has officially closed the chapter on hopes of a real-life Chuck and Blair romance. During the couple’s ski getaway, the “picturesque” proposal took place on the Peak Walk by Tissot, Switzerland’s breathtaking hanging mountain bridge. Perched 3,000 meters high between the View Point in Les Diablerets and Scex Rouge in Gstaad, Westwick’s heartfelt gesture was undoubtedly romantic, especially considering that he and Jackson have been dating since June 2022.

Yet, for fans who have followed the epic love story of Chuck and Blair for the six seasons of the 2007 drama TV series “Gossip Girl,” this turn of events feels like a bittersweet twist given the fact that Chuck and Blair’s end game was supposed to transcend the screen and become real life.

Bass and Waldorf’s love story has always been captivating in the show’s realm because of its complexity and undeniable chemistry. From the iconic streets of the Upper East Side to the glamorous halls of Manhattan’s elite, their relationship has weathered the storms of intoxicating infatuation and heart-wrenching betrayal. Through six seasons of the show, Chuck and Blair’s magnetic connection serves as the pulsating heartbeat of the show and a constant reminder that true love often defies logic and convention.

Despite Leighton Meester being married since 2015 and already having two children, fans remained in a state of hopeful denial. However, the crushing realization came when the famous line by Chuck Bass, “Three words, eight letters, say it and I’m yours,” proved to be nothing more than a scripted fantasy, straight fiction to stay in the show. Yet, for fans of Chuck and Blair, their love story will forever remain an indelible mark on the landscape of television romance.