The student news site of Aspen High School

The 2024 Palm Tree Music Festival

The Chainsmokers hyping up the crowd on Saturday night, February 24, 2024.
Courtesy of Aspen Daily News

The first Palm Tree Festival was in 2022, and after two years, The second music festival in Aspen took place at the Rio Grande Park on February 23 and 24. This festival was a chilly two-day outdoor event produced by the Belly Up Aspen and Palm Tree Crew. This Festival is unique because Kygo, a co-founder of this event, was starring. He performed along with French DJ David Guetta, Harry Hudson, Drama, and Labrinth, whose songs star in the shows Euphoria,

David Guetta, Labrinth, and Drama played on Friday night, and The Chainsmokers, Kygo, and Harry Hudson played on Saturday night.

The tickets were pricey, ranging from $240-$985 based on what admission you paid for and whether you paid for both days or not. There were three types of tickets to choose from:

General admission (GA) allowed access to the standard standing viewing, local food and beverage vendors, and exclusive festival merchandise unique to Aspen’s event. GA+ includes elevated viewing, a bar, and access to all the other GA details. VIP tickets give you GA and GA+ access, exclusive off-snow, front-row viewing, a VIP lounge to warm up in with a bar serving food, a livestream of the show, and private restrooms.

Many students at AHS attended this event. Quintessa Frisch, a Junior, saw David Guetta on Saturday night.

“I had a really good time,” said Frisch. “It was a unique experience to be outside in the Winter and see all the tourists in town,” said Frisch. “David Guetta, especially, was fun to listen to.”

The Palm Tree Music Festival was very successful in Aspen. It has been successful in The Hamptons, Dana Point, Southern California, Egypt, and Australia.

According to The Aspen Times, “We are building something special in the city of Aspen, and I can’t wait to continue year after year,” Kygo said.

From this Palm Tree Music Festival to Jazz Aspen Snowmass, having the opportunity to hear popular artists and experience unique music events right in our backyard is one of the many reasons to love Aspen.